Sunday, July 17, 2005

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory

Tim Burton rocks! This movie was awesome- a total eye orgasm. It may not appeal to some though, since the characters are over the top and very odd—Wonka being the oddest. Depp does an awesome job of staying in character and being a driven businessman all-consumed by candy.

Burton brings the factory alive with magic and a cool update on the 70's film with Wilder. I have to admit I haven't seen the original in years but now I'll have to see it again just to compare. The original was great, this was very Tim Burton right down to the Oompa Loompas. Their songs were hilarious and I laughed through the whole movie. The original kind of spooked me a little and it seemed very serious. This one was actually funny, off-beat, and heart warming.

I'm not going into detail about what happens, the storyline is already known. But I'd recommened a blue rasberry slushie to go with it. I had the large, and it really set the mood.

It's a little intense in scenes for really really young kids but most of the kids in the theatre were giggling and seemed to enjoy the show. Get to the theatre early. I had to go to two different theatres in order to see it because it was sold out.

I loved it so much I'm going to go see it again. Just for fun or maybe it's for another slushie- well, maybe for a jawbreaker that'll last forever.

Worth the money rating: $$$$$

No comments:

Post a Comment