Wednesday, May 31, 2006

X-Men- The Last Stand

This was a summer blockbuster. I was at Kinkos and I said I'd come back to pick up my stuff after the movie and the guy said, "You're going to go see X-men, right?" And I said, "Yeah, how did you know?" And he said, "Everyone wants to see that movie." I agreed.

I was excited watching a screen of mutants. The powers were cool and you wanted to know what happened to Jean and the Phoenix.

The storyline made you think, "Is it better to fit in or be happy that you're special and have unique powers?" Seems when you're different from the masses, you're persecuted. I guess all of us have had times when we were ridiculed for being different or thinking different- like high school.

I'm glad the mutants in this movie were humane. It is insane to wipe out differences. That's what creates progress.

As for the actors in this movie, they looked like they were having fun and they made you care about them. The screen was action-packed and you couldn't help but route for the mutant guys with the battle they were about to face.

Even if you're not a pure entertainment junkie, be a mutant and see it anyway.

Worth the money rating: $$$$

No comments:

Post a Comment