Friday, July 22, 2011

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2

The end :(  In LA, some theaters ran Part 1 and Part 2 back to back. That's the way I would have wanted to see it. Other people told me that they watched Part 1 and then went to the theater to see Part 2. I saw Part 1 last year. And now Part 2. No matter what path you took to get there, just get there to see the ending.

It was a dark ending with light at the end of the tunnel. A long voyage for Harry. A lonely one too. We all know how it began and if you read the books like I did, you know how it will end. This movie starts with the continuation of Harry and his besties hunting down the last of the horcruxes in order to weaken Voldemort enough to finally destroy the SOB. At Hogwarts, classmate and teachers defend themselves against the Voldemort's legion as Harry and gang hunt down and destroy horcruxes. Some friends we've grown with through these movies die. Some find new strength and conviction. In the end, it's kill or be killed. I cried. I giggled. I cringed. I gasped. But most of all I believed. All things I want to do when watching a movie.

Some friends said the movie was to short. I don't think it was, but I agree. I always want to see more. I saw some really young kids at this film with their parents. And sorry parents, but 5 year olds shouldn't be watching this. Much too violent. The kids in the story have grown up. The youngers should stick to the first few movies.

Worth the money: $$$$ 1/2