Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Raising Helen

If I recall correctly I saw this movie while I was in Dallas house sitting for my friends in June. Anyway, if you want a cheap movie $2.50 for new releases go to the theatre in McKinney, TX. All matinees are that cheap.

Anyway, I love Kate Hudson. So when I was at Blockbuster today, I realized this was coming out on video mid Oct.

The movie was cute, as are all of her movies. John Corbet being in it didn't hurt, a sexy priest. Kate is the younger sister of Joan Cusak who's been a mother for a long time. Their older sister dies, leaving two kids (or is it three) to Kate. One is a teen girl and the other is a boy. Kate has to give up her life as promoter for a modeling agency for the family life. Upon finding a shool for her kids, she meets John Corbet. He's not the usual guy she dates-the last one wore bubble wrap to have a bigger chest in a photo shoot. She goes through the growing pains of motherhood while sporting an adorable wardrobe and, of course, giving up a fabulous Manhattan apt. to live in, I think, Queens. Does she become a great mom? Hmmm, that's a tough one.

Although predictable, it's a cute movie. No stellar performances from anyone. But it just made me feel good about the security of a loving family and it was fun to watch. It'd be a great rental for any rainy night or girl's night with Ben and Jerry's or a slumber party. Are we ever too old, girls?

Worth the money rating: $$$

No comments:

Post a Comment