Wednesday, September 06, 2006

US Open Tennis

No, this isn't a movie. But I have to critique it because of the Andre Agassi match that lasted 3 some hours last week. I've been lucky to go to the US Open almost every year for the past 7 and out of those, most of the time, I got to see Andre play. He's meant a lot to the sport and deserves mention here on my movie blog and across news outlets worldwide. Why? Because there's nothing better than watching and emotionally participating in a true-to-life story. Hollywood can't make that up- well, they try, but many times fail. Life, truth, skill and conviction make great moments and great legends. The human drama of Thursday night's match was typically Andre- part of what has made him a legend and made fans want to cheer and gasp at every point. You always get a great game when you watch him because he's an expressive player that gives each game his all- no matter what his age. And I would sit and watch him play till all hours of the night not because I'm a tennis fan but because I am a fan of the human spirit. I'm sad to see him go. I hope another American steps-up like he did. Maybe it'll be Roddick or Blake, only time will tell. But there will only be one Andre. And Andre, I love you. And everyone will miss you at the Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment