Monday, May 31, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I know this isn't a recent movie, but when I saw Sex and the City 2, it made me want to see this movie again. I have it on DVD and watch it whenever I need a pick-me-up.

This is one movie where I read the book first. Sometimes I do that and it ruins it for me, but this adaptation didn't. It was different than the book for sure in many ways, but I love Ilsa Fisher and I was really just like her character Becky - a shopaholic.

Rebecca Bloomwood wants to write for a Vogue-like magazine after her magazine goes under. On her way to an interview she sees a green scarf in the window of a department store and maxes her credit cards to get it - $20 bucks on this card, $40 on that card etc. She gets to the interview only to find out that it has been already taken by an internal candidate, but is turned onto an interview for a money magazine. From that moment on the fun begins. Rebecca is soon torn between money, love and her dream job.

Hugh Dancy is hot in this movie. The first time I saw him, he was in a movie with Claire Danes - now they're married. But anyway, he's so nice to look at and his character is so earnest. We all wish we had bosses like that for sure.

Well, this movie has a great sense of fashion and takes place in NY. So if Sex and the City 2 isn't doing it for you, try this one out. Or rotate it with the Sex and the City series.

Worth the money rating: $$$ 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment