Monday, May 31, 2010

Sex and the City

I was a big fan of the series. I watched it religiously with my roommates every Sunday night. We made food and laughed at the similarities between the shows characters and us as NY single girls dealing with love, loss, work and finding our own style. But the movie versions just haven't lived up to the series. But how could they really?

Sex and the City 1 at least was going to give me the grand couture wedding and let me know how the character's lives would progress. But this one barely had an interesting storyline. The clothes were outrageous. Who wears that in Abu Dhabi? Although I did like Carrie's outfit when she saw Aidan again, it was still was very out of place there. Samantha's lines were the worst. I felt sorry for her that she had to say them. And for 2 1/2 hours, it was a long, hot, drawn out, snoozefest. On the bright side, there were a few things I did like. Carrie and Big's NY apartment/decor, and Chris North still had some sex appeal.

For those of you who loved the series, I'm with you. I even went to a party recently where we had cosmos and watched them again. Celebrate what the show used to be. Not what the bad movies have made it become. These movies came too late after the series ended and I think they've outlived their time. Now the characters are just caricatures of themselves. Sad but true.

Worth the money rating: $$

No comments:

Post a Comment