Sunday, November 28, 2010

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part I

Saw this opening weekend  at the 10:30 a.m. show along with many parents and their kids. I had to see the final installment of Harry on the big screen. Wasn't sure where they would end part 1 at but I  could have watched for 6 hours straight. And I hope they re-release Part I, when Part II comes out - so you can see them back to back if you want to.

Part 1 lays the groundwork for the finale and started off with a clever masquerade to get Harry to the safe house. With Voldemort and the dark forces working against Harry at every turn, Harry decides to  hunt down the horcruxes himself so he can destroy Voldemort for good. Hermoine and Ron help Harry with this quest, risking their lives to protect him.

The special affects were as good as ever. But I was a tad bored. 2 1/2 hours was long for something so gloomy. But for Harry Potter fans it's a must see to Part 11. Hopefully the showdown will be spectacular. It certainly was in the book.

Worth the money: $$$

No comments:

Post a Comment