Thursday, January 13, 2011

Country Strong

Leighton Meister branches out from Gossip Girl to sing in this movie with Gwyneth Paltrow.
I already knew that Leighton could sing, but country? She did alright. I'm not a country music fan, but I've heard enough of it to know that these two women didn't really pull off country music. Sure Gwyneth is a pretty good singer, her accent, however, I'm still debating.

It was interesting to see Gwyn as a failing, alcoholic, country star trying to make a comeback. Gwyn herself is trying to do that with Glee and now this movie. It's hard to be out of the limelight for over 5 years and then try to come back. So I was routing for her. There were little surprises in this film to put her back on the map. Even the ending was guessable. So, I don't want to ruin what little charms there are in this move for you.

Basically it's a love story about one star falling and another star rising. Should you choose love over fame? What's really important in life? I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Worth the money: $$ 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment