Friday, September 17, 2010

Easy A

High school. So glad those days are behind me. I remember the girls that were tagged as easy and sluts and this movie takes it to the limit.

Right off the bat, you have to love Emma Stone as Olive. I haven't seen her in a film before but she's sassy, brainy, funny, and knows how to wear a bustier top while turning this high school's perceptions of reality into a really entertaining tale of ostracism.

Fun stuff in this film included references to John Hughs' films such as Pretty in Pink and 16 Candles and one of my favs - Can't buy me love with Patrick Dempsey. Remakes of some songs music from these classic coming of age films added that final touch of brilliance.

Olive's hippie parents were fun and had me wishing my parents were that cool back then. At any rate girls will love this film for many many reasons. I liked this film because it was about a girl trying to figure out what's right and wrong and who she really is - something everyone can relate to. And for that I give this move an A+.

Worth the money rating: $$$$

No comments:

Post a Comment