Friday, September 17, 2010

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

I see a lot more movies than I blog about, so sorry if some have past. There's always Netflix, so I feel it's still worthwhile to blog about movies that have closed at the box office.

One of the reasons I liked this film was because Gemma Arterton was in it. I saw her in Tess of the D'Urbervilles, the original book written by one of my favorite authors, Thomas Hardy. And I'd like to see more of her work.

Can't say I hated that Jake Gyllenhaal was in it as well. He must have really worked out a lot for this role. Anyway, I love period films and Persia has that mystique. And because this was a summer blockbuster plastered on every billboard, I had to see it.

When Gemma and Jake meet, there's that usual tension where they don't like each other but after days of adventure together fall in love. Jake plays a prince who isn't of noble birth but has the soul of a true leader. Gemma is a princes who is guarding an ancient dagger with mystical power - the power to rule the world. There are battles, bad guys, and lots of sand which made for a fun ride.

Worth the money rating: $$$ 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment